Did you know I wrote a children's Book?

Did you know I wrote a children's Book?
$5.95.

Buy the book!

Monday 28 May 2012

Oooh look! I made Lip Balm.





After many unsuccessful attempts of trying to find something that will add a subtle sheen and real moisture as opposed to grease (followed by chaffing0 to my lips, I started thinking - maybe I could make my own. I already have an arsenal of natural products at my disposal, surely I could do a little concoction and create something that will suit my needs. Since becoming so amazingly resourceful (and conceited, clearly) I have come to the conclusion that there is scarcely such a thing as an original idea anymore, if ever. Everything comes from somewhere. Well, okay, Adam  and I suppose Eve when she was behaving, probably had some cool ideas, pity the idea of "Just Say No!" didn't enter their thoughts. I digress.
Anyway, I decided to do a little research and found lots of great recipes for lotions, lip balms and hair potions just waiting to be tweaked by me. So that's what I did: I blended beeswax, rosemary, lavender, olive oil, coconut oil, glycerine and rose water on medium heat until it became a liquid. I thn strained the mixture into an old, washed eyeshadow pot and waited for it to cool. Now I have lip balm tailored and customised to my individual needs. NICE!

Likewise, speaking of necessity being the mother of invention (sort of), since discovering that I may not be lactose intolerant as I originally thought, but rather Dairy, intolerant I have become increasingly hesitant to eat anything lately. However, last night I needed sweet. I REALLY NEEDED sweet!!!!!!!! So I thought, what ingredients do I have that are safe? Being a Sunday I started to remember the "Sunday Smell" of our childhood (Long story but my brother and sister used to talk about the Sunday smell when we were kids, but would not tell me what it was because I did not belong to their secret society. But I figured it out for myself - Mom would bake breadpudding every sunday and the aroma would fill the house - it was wonderful - nutmeg, cinamon, yumminess -Alas, the sunday smell! ). I kinda wanted breadpudding, but something more. Thats when I remembered Mom's baked rice pudding. And there my good readers, was the birth of my new invention. BRICE Pudding. Don't laugh, its brilliant. I combined Mom's two best baked goods and created perfection. It was a pivotal moment of my life.
So readers, take a breath and behold...

BRICE Pudding!!!!!!!!!


Gluten Free Bread
Rice (cooked regularly - little salt if desired; brown or white will do)
Raisins
Pecans
Dairy Free Milk
Cinnamon
Freshly grated nutmeg
2 eggs
Brown sugar
Dairy Free butter for crust

(I eyeballed everything, rule of thumb; it should have the consistency of thick oats porridge (UK), or oatmeal for my US mates).
Mix everything up with a wooden spoon (dunno why, ask my mom, anything other than that would be a punishable offense). Place about 5 random blobs (small) of butter on top - makes crust crunchy.
Sorry, no real measurements. I am way too random for that.

Carb/sugar craving - satisfied!!!!! Life is good again.

OK, back to work. I write my longest and best blog entries when I am supposed to be writing my thesis. Procrastinator me!

Goodbye. Happy Memorial Day (is it really okay to say that?) Isn't that like telling someone to have a great time at, well.. you know what I'm getting at. Eat, drink and fellowship, how about that!!!

A bientot!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I,d love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.

Jay's Archives

Add to Technorati Favorites
Google

Thanks For Stopping By

Come Back Soon!